Aerial target for air-air or ground-air infrared missiles
Cible Autonome Rapide Infrarouge pour tirs Nocturnes avec Evasives (fast target with Infra-red signature for night shoots with escaping manoeuvers).
Carine has been design for shooting training with ground to air missiles by night. It is simulating a threat as close to reality as possible, in the fields of speed, visual detection, radar signature and infrared signature.
- Simulate a fighter aircraft infra-red signature as close to the reality as possible, by night and day;
- Avoid the use of pyrotechnics devices to avoid their cons (safety, unrealistic punctual source);
- Availability against weapon systems;
- Patent pending of the infrared system in France, the USA, as well as PCT procedure for the remaining of the world;
- High speed (110 m/s) compared to traditional targets.
- First flights in 1998;
- Target motorized by a 30 kg jet engine;
- Composite materials built ( glass fiber, carbon fiber, nomex… );
- Takeoff from the ground with a pneumatic launcher;
- Equipped with a recovery chute;
- Equipped with an autopilot;
- GPS navigation and follow up from a ground station;
- Presented to many countries;
- Smoke device with tailpipe injection;
- Flights done in the CEL (flying test center).